Resolution Levying Concrete Maintenance Project 2022-01SWR
Whereas, the City Council has provided for sidewalk repair work to be completed under Project 2022-01SWR.
Be It Resolved by the City Council of the City of Brookings, South Dakota, as follows:
- On May 10, 2022, City Council adopted Resolution of Necessity 22-031 and has made all investigation which it deems necessary and has found and determined the amount which each lot or tract will be benefited by the construction of the sidewalk improvement heretofore designated as Concrete Maintenance Project No. 2022-01SWR is the amount stated in the proposed assessment roll; and
- The assessment for Concrete Maintenance Project No. 2022-01SWR is hereby approved and the assessment thereby specified are levied against each and every lot, piece or parcel of land thereby described; and
- The assessment shall be divided into five (5) equal annual installments; and
- Such assessments, unless paid within thirty (30) days after the date of mailing of a statement of account by the City, shall be collected by the City in accordance with the procedure for Plan One in Sections to 9-43-51, South Dakota Compiled Laws of 1967, as amended; and
- Unpaid balances shall carry an interest rate equal to the index “Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago 10-year fixed Rate” + 3.5%, as published two weeks prior to the approval of Resolution 22-031; and
- As of April 26, 2022, two weeks prior to the approval of Resolution 22-031, the published rate 3.41% + 3.5% equals 6.91% per annum, which shall accrue on the unpaid balance of the assessment.
Passed and approved this 26th day of September, 2023.
CITY OF BROOKINGS, SD
Oepke G. Niemeyer, Mayor
Bonnie Foster, City Clerk