Mayor Tim Reed and the Brookings Historic Preservation Commission invite home and business owners to nominate significantly restored projects that merit the official recognition of the "Mayor's Awards.” The Mayor and Historic Preservation Commission want the citizens of Brookings to recognize and applaud property owners who are RESTORING and PRESERVING historic structures in Brookings.
Eligibility requirements: WHAT BUILDINGS ARE ELIGIBLE?
– Buildings that are 50 years old or more (exception – new construction in old neighborhoods)
– Residential, commercial, and public buildings and landscapes
– Must be located within City limits
1) Appropriate to style
2) Accurate to date of construction
3) Workmanship of excellent quality
4) Sensitive to its surroundings
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
1) Skin Restoration (painting, siding)
2) Sympathetic Addition (a new addition that blends with an historic structure)
3) Sympathetic Infill (new construction in an old neighborhood)
4) Overall Restoration
5) Historically appropriate landscape
1) Adaptive, non-original use of a historic structure
2) Architectural restoration (not decorative)
3) New addition adaptation with existing historic structure (fixtures, woodwork)
APPLICATIONS? To obtain a nomination form, please go to the link below or contact Shari Thornes at Brookings City & County Government Center, 520 Third Street, 697-8641.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION IS May 31, 2013.