Notice of Public Hearing on Adoption of Resolution of Necessity of Repairing or Installing Sidewalks in the City of Brookings at the Expense of Abutting Property Owners; 2022-01SWR Concrete Maintenance Project
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN to the owners of the property described in the foregoing proposed resolution that the City Council will meet in the Chambers, Brookings City & County Government Center, 520 3rd Street, Brookings, South Dakota, on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 6:00 o’clock PM, for the consideration of the adoption of said resolution. At said time and place, the City Council will consider any objections to the proposed resolution by owners of property liable to be assessed for improvement.
Bonnie Foster, City Clerk
Proposed Resolution 22-032
Resolution Determining Necessity of Alley Assessment Project 2022-04STA
Be It Resolved by the City Council of the City of Brookings, South Dakota, as follows:
The City Council of the City of Brookings hereby declares the necessity of paving the following alley with an asphalt pavement on stabilized gravel base course as follows:
Alley between 3rd Street and 4th Street connecting 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue
- The general nature of the improvement is above set forth and reference for details is hereby made to the drawings and specifications prepared by the City Engineer and on file with the City Clerk.
- The material to be used is asphalt for paving of the alley:
Asphalt pavement on a crushed gravel base course for the alley.
- The improvement is substantially uniform. The estimated cost per linear foot of alley for paving with asphalt pavement on crushed gravel base course to be paved to a width of 18 feet is $152 per foot of alley or $76 per front foot per side of alley.
- A description of classes of lots to be assessed is as follows:
All assessable lots and tracts of land lying contiguous to the alley hereinabove described.
- The method of apportionment of benefits is as follows:
The cost thereof to be assessed against all assessable lots and tracts of land according to the benefits determined by the governing body to accrue to all such lots and tracts from the construction of the improvement. The assessment may be paid over a five-year period and the interest to be charged on the unpaid balance shall be 10%.
6. The above-described improvement shall be hereinafter referred to as Alley Assessment Project No. 2022-04STA, which shall be deemed a description of the improvement of the alley as hereinabove set forth.
Published ________ time(s) at an approximate cost of $______________.