COVID-19: Brookings County
UPDATED: June 17, 2021
The South Dakota Department of Health COVID-19 page is updated daily and has confirmed:
- Total Cases: 4,235
- Recovered Individuals: 4,192
- Active Cases: 6
- Spread Category: Minimal
COVID-19: Brookings Thresholds
UPDATED: May 24, 2021
- Is the epidemic controlled? Yes. Rt was below 1.0 for all of the last 14 days; community spread is currently moderate per DOH definition based on last two weeks of cases.
- Is the health system able to cope with a resurgence of COVID-19 cases that may arise after adapting some measures? Brookings Health System feels they can handle the anticipated numbers (n = 0 to 1).
- Is the public health surveillance system able to detect and manage the cases and their contacts, and identify a resurgence of cases in Brookings?
a. Mitigation Level: Yes, according to state data using tests done, but not unique people tested.
b. Suppression Level: Yes, for state data using tests done (1%) but not unique people tested (11%).
c. Approximate Time to Receive Test Results: 1 to 2 days
d. Percent of Brookings population aged 16 years or older that has received at least one vaccine as of 5/12/21: 40%
DOWNLOAD BROOKINGS THRESHOLDS OUTLINE AND CURRENT DATA PDF HERE >
COVID-19: Brookings Epidemiology Bi-Weekly Video
UPDATED: June 10, 2021
Ask An Epidemiologist! Have a suggestion for a topic or a question you would like answered? Email us at email@example.com
COVID-19: Local, Regional, and National Weekly Summary
UPDATED: June 18, 2021
Brookings County (substantial spread is 34+ new cases per week)
- 4,235 cases: 3 new cases this week vs. 1 in previous week (in MINIMAL spread!)
- 7 active cases (up from 3 last week)
- Percentage of 18 to 24 year olds who are vaccinated in Brookings County continues to be below the state (22.9% vs. 32.2%). Brookings has higher vaccination rates in all other age groups compared to the state.
South Dakota (substantial spread is 864+ new cases per week)
- 124,382 cases: 68 new cases this week vs. 87 in previous week
- 170 active cases (221 last week)
- The percent of cases that were among individuals aged 60+ years jumped this week to 22%. This is important due to higher hospitalization and mortality rates among individuals aged 60+ years.
- 28 people currently hospitalized vs. 38 hospitalized last week (9 in the ICU vs. 6 last week)
- 2,026 deaths: 3 deaths this week vs. 4 in previous week
- 34.35 million cases: 109,319 new cases this week vs. 106,128 in previous week
- 615,717 total deaths: 2,665 deaths this week vs. 2,616 in previous week
- 77.3 million cases: 2.66 million cases this week vs. 2.81 million in previous week
- 3.83 million deaths: 75,543 deaths this week vs. 187,021 in previous week (deaths reported for previous week was an anomaly due to delays in data reporting)
COVID-19: Rankings (Top 10 Most Populous South Dakota Counties)
UPDATED: June 2, 2021
DOWNLOAD RANKINGS CURRENT DATA PDF HERE >
COVID-19: Weekly Data
UPDATED: June 18, 2021
Source: Bonny Specker, Ph. D., South Dakota State University, Division of Research and Economic Development
DOWNLOAD WEEKLY DATA PDF HERE >
COVID-19 questions or concerns? Connect with us directly using Engage Brookings. Visit the website (www.EngageBrookings.com) or download the app on your mobile device.
The City of Brookings has compiled safety information and helpful resources to help you navigate these challenging times.